Winter Reading Challenge 2018
Looking for a challenge this winter? Sarasota County Libraries invites teens to take the Winter Reading Challenge from January 1 - January 31, 2018. We've teamed up with Mark Cuban, billionaire and Shark Tank personality, who pledges $35,000 to First Book and libraries across the globe. Our system-wide goal is 1,000 books read.
How to participate?
- Register or log in at Beanstack.
- Find books to read.
- Log your progress on Beanstack starting January 1 and earn badges for participation.
The Teen Zone is reserved for teens (ages 12-19).
What we offer:
- Teen computers.
- Comfy places to hang out.
- Group study area.
- Young Adult Books, Graphic Novels, and Music collections.
- Teen Book Clubs.
Teen Advisory Board (T.A.B.)
Want to get involved in what's happening at your library? Come join us to participate and share ideas for future programs and activities. Meetings will include various activities and discussions. Volunteer hours are available for registered volunteers.
Check our Library Events Calendar for the next meeting at a library nearest you.
Library Events for Teens taking place in the next:
Books and Resources
- Book to Movie Library Contests
- New Books and Movies Lists
- Download eBooks and eAudiobooks
- SYNC Free Audiobooks for Teens
- NoveList Plus
- Sarasota County Schools' Library Catalogs
Database of the Month: World Book Online
World Book Online is your one-stop, online reference resource for instant access to homework guides, study aids, and built-in research tools. Discover a world of information at your fingertips designed to help you achieve success at school, work or leisure.